Friday, August 3, 2007

A Chance

I wonder if sitting in my car with the engine running, locked in the garage, if that might end my pain.
It seems no one quite understands.
How this hurts.
If I could just do that right....just go to sleep.
A romantic notion.
My luck, I would wake up coughing and not be able to go through with it.
As I pondered this 'easy escape,' I had another romantic thought, that of meeting my Lord. And he said to me, "You never gave me the chance to set things right again....Why didn't you wait on me."

Ironic. Isn't it?

I cry out in my thoughts prayers and dreams that I might be given a chance to set things right with the Church, family, friends, the community and ultimately, God.
And yet, I dream of Christ crying out to me, "Why didn't you give ME the chance."

No comments: