Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I can't watch TV.
So much of it makes me think about my sin.
Scan the channels and what do you find: promiscuous relationships, suggestive language, situational contexts, sexual situations of all types.....
"Adult Content"
That what we call it. And yet it is so incredibly pervasive that it would be impossible for our children not to see it. Impossible for me not to see it.
I never noticed that before.
But now that I have this 'new' perspective, I see how things really are, and how it is not easy to avoid.
Advertisers use sex to sell things no matter what it is. Since when does deodorant cause women to attack men?
(Which reminds me of the old "Hi Karate" ads)
Is it just humor?
Every sitcom has someone doing something they shouldn't.
And now our society is not satisfied with 'pretending.' We now have the same sexual situations in 'reality-TV.'
No more dating...lets just line up a bunch of women and watch them fight over one man. That's entertainment!
Was it that I never noticed...or did I just become numb to it. Or was I slowly being effected by it?
I did not watch a great deal of TV in the past. There was no time for it.
But now I am so paralyzed that I can't do much of anything. I have too much time on my hands - as the song goes.
So I blindly turn on the TV. And my sadness increases.
Yesterday I thought I could avoid it all by watching a documentary of the Amazon Rain Forest.

I was to find that it was really about the mating habits of the creatures of the rain forest.
There is no escape.

No comments: